- Register now for the 2020 Virtual Fraternal Law Conference!
- Fighting to Defend Freedom of Association Rights for Fraternity Member is Not New
- New Pike Study: Fraternity and Sorority Members Significantly More Engaged, Satisfied
- The Last Two Defendants Plead Guilty to Charges Related To The Death of Collin Wiant
- IRS Proposed Group Exemption Rules
- Bostock Decision and its Impact on Title IX
Newsletter > September 2020 > "Register now for the 2020 Virtual Fraternal Law Conference!"
Register now for the 2020 Virtual Fraternal Law Conference!
Even though we are not able to convene in person, this year’s conference will be as informative as ever. We are thrilled to announce that the keynote speaker will be Dr. E. Gordon Gee, President of West Virginia University! Dr. Gee is one of most experienced university presidents in the country, and also a leading scholar in the field of higher education law. Additional speakers and topics include:
- Responses to the Abolish Greek Life Movement Panel- Moderated by Dr. Jeffrey Sun from the University of Louisville.
- New Title IX Regulations- Janet Judge, Holland Knight
- The Bostockcase and its impact on Title IX- Dr. Matthew Shaw of Vanderbilt University
- Housing Issues during the COVID-era
- Housing Panel- what vendors are seeing today
- Planned Giving Panel
- Foundation Emerging Trends
- Employment Law for Fraternities and Sororities- Abby Chermely, Dinsmore
- Litigation Panel
- Hot Topics in Fraternal Law
The conference will take place on November 5thand the morning of November 6th, and will be disseminated via Zoom. You can register here.