- UPDATE ON TEXAS INSURANCE LAW
- AEPI CLOSES CHAPTER AFTER HAZING REPORTS
- DELTA UPSILON CLOSES IOWA CHAPTER FOLLOWING POT BUST
- GW ESTABLISHES EMAIL HOTLINE
- DOCUMENTS GIVEN TO A SCHOOL MAY BECOME PUBLIC RECORDS
- NEW PROPERTY TAX IN INDIANA?
- SAM AND CHAPMAN U. SETTLE FIRST AMENDMENT DISPUTE
- MEDICAL AMNESTY – GOOD SAMARITAN PROGRAMS
- DEPAUW AND DELTA ZETA SETTLE LITIGATON
- JOHNSON & WALES U. PREVAILS IN LITIGATION INVOLVING THE CLERY ACT; EASTERN MICHIGAN U. FINED $357,500 FOR CLERY ACT VIOLATONS
Newsletter > January 2008 > "NEW PROPERTY TAX IN INDIANA?"
NEW PROPERTY TAX IN INDIANA?
Many national fraternities and sororities who have their headquarters in Indianapolis are carefully watching developments in the Indiana State Legislature which could make fraternity headquarters and chapter houses pay substantial property taxes. A bill currently pending in the Indiana Legislature would do just that and, as a result, Greek representatives have been attending state house hearings and are contemplating hiring a professional lobbyist to assist in opposing the legislation.