- CHI IOTA COLONY V. CSI: WHAT HAPPENED AND WHY
- RATE NOTICE
- LOSS OF CHARTER LEADS TO LITIGATION
- DRUG BUST AT SAN DIEGO STATE
- SAE PREVAILS AGAINST COLLEGE ADMINISTRATOR
- RESULTS OF IN-DEPTH HAZING STUDY RELEASED
- HAZING HOTLINE, (1-888)NOT-HAZE), ENTERS 2ND YEAR
- DETECTING HAZING: WHY THE HAZERS MAKE IT EASY FOR THE REST OF US
- DECISION UPHOLDS RIGHT TO PRIVACY IN DORM ROOM
- PHI DELTA THETA’S ALCOHOL-FREE POLICY UPHELD
Newsletter > September 2008 > "HAZING HOTLINE, (1-888)NOT-HAZE), ENTERS 2ND YEAR"
HAZING HOTLINE, (1-888)NOT-HAZE), ENTERS 2ND YEAR
The National Anti-Hazing Hotline (1-888-668-4293) is now entering its second year in existence. Twenty-seven national Greek organizations, including 17 men’s groups and 10 women’s groups, sponsored the first-year of the Hotline. All 27 original sponsors return as sponsors for the second year. New sponsors are welcome for the Hotline, which is monitored by attorneys at Manley Burke. The system received approximately 150 hazing calls in its first year, some of which were for information only, some were pranks, but many were serious calls. All calls are recorded and, when applicable, forwarded to the national organization involved. The national organization then investigates the hazing allegations. For more information or to learn how to become a sponsor, call Dan McCarthy at (513) 721-5525 or Norval Stephens, Chairman of the Delta Tau Delta Educational Foundation, who sparked the idea for the Hotline, at (847) 382-1588.