- UPDATES FOR FRATERNAL LAW
- SUPREME COURT ISSUES IMPORTANT FREE SPEECH CASE
- Fatal Shooting at Youngstown State Fraternity
- “All-Inclusive” Sorority Recognized At Purdue
- CHAPTERS AT MARYLAND AND LONGWOOD FACE DISCIPLINE
- CHRONIC NUISANCE PREMISES
- EDUCATION KEY TO IMPLEMENTING CHIA
- NORTHWESTERN MANDATES ADA COMPLIANCE
Newsletter > March 2011 > "“All-Inclusive” Sorority Recognized At Purdue"
“All-Inclusive” Sorority Recognized At Purdue
Daniel McCarthy, Manley Burke
Gamma Rho Lambda recently received official Panhellenic sanctioning at Purdue University. The sorority’s website describes the organization thusly, “Gamma Rho Lambda (GRL) National Sorority is often referred to as a lesbian sorority, however GRL strives to be inclusive of all members, whether they identify as lesbian, bisexual, ally, transgender, questioning, straight, or with no label. GRL is the first all-inclusive, college-based sorority with chapters throughout the United States.”
GRL continues the trend towards more cultural interest Greek organizations. In addition to newly formed gay and lesbian fraternities and sororities, more organizations are being formed for Asian-Americans, Latinos, Muslims, Native-Americans and more.
GRL now has chapters located at six schools and colonies at four additional schools. GRL expects to continue to grow.