- A Note Regarding "Implementing a Transgender Membership Policy"
- Implementing a Transgender Membership Policy
- Nebraska Freshman Dies at Fraternity Chapter House
- Gallup Survey Notes Positive of Greek Membership
- Oregon Committee Recommends Suspending Expansion
- The Beginning of a New Era for the Fraternity Membership
- Deaths, Assaults, and Injuries Lead to Campus-Wide Bans on Greek Life
Newsletter > November 2014 > "A Note Regarding “Implementing a Transgender Membership Policy”"
A Note Regarding “Implementing a Transgender Membership Policy”
Tim Burke, Manley Burke, email@example.com
The article by Stevie Tran and Nathan Arrowsmith offers a valuable perspective on the transgender issue. While it accurately reflects the fact that this is a rapidly developing area of the law, there remains substantial room for different views on how to best comply with the varied rules being implemented by colleges and universities and the legal requirements of federal, state and local law.
While acknowledging that there is little (actually none) case law guidance, it is this writers opinion that admitting as members transgendered individuals who identify as the gender of the organization does not jeopardize the single sex status of the organization.